[rescue] RPi vs SS20 benchmarks (interesting)

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 09:13:44 CST 2015

On 28 December 2015 at 00:59, Phil Stracchino <phils at caerllewys.net> wrote:
> Now, take modern hardware and put, say, OpenBSD on it, and you may come
> close.

There are ports of OpenBSD, FreeBSD and NetBSD for the Pi, I believe.

However, to be honest, I find *BSD a bit too minimal and old-school
Unixy for my tastes. I've got decadent: I want an icon on my desktop
when I insert a USB key, without having to lift a finger to achieve
this.

I'd love to see *native* ports of Haiku and AROS for the Pi. Both are
underway.

My personal recent interest would be Oberon on the Pi -- or possibly
AOS/Bluebottle, at least on the Pi 2.

--
Liam Proven b" Profile: http://lproven.livejournal.com/profile
Email: lproven at cix.co.uk b" GMail/G+/Twitter/Flickr/Facebook: lproven