[rescue] [off-topic] What was this markup language?

Jonathan Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Dec 8 15:10:12 CST 2015

On Tue, 8 Dec 2015, microcode at zoho.com wrote:

> Yeah I didn't state that clearly. I didn't mean to imply LaTeX was
> simple. I meant, aside from LaTeX which seems to be the king of markup
> languages so is not something I want to get into at this point- are
> there any good and simple markup languages to look at?

I'll second this request.  I've used LaTeX heavily over the years, and
there are things that interest me about DocBook (easier programmatic
generation of documents being the big thing), but I'd really prefer
something that's in the middle of LaTeX, DocBook, and Markdown for
preparing invoices and other data-driven documents for print.

--
Jonathan Patschke | "Right now, computers, which are supposed to be our
Elgin, TX         |  servant, are oppressing us."