[rescue] [geeks] Looking for a sysadmin gig in Houston/remote

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Thu Dec 3 15:12:58 CST 2015

" From: Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com>
"
" On 12/03/2015 02:18 AM, microcode at zoho.com wrote:
" > That's the Harvard MBA for you. Everything is just labor and it can all be
" > managed the same way. And it works fine in practice. The CEOs run one
" > company into the ground after the next and keep getting jobs. Look how much
" > money we saved.
"
"   I'm sure I've shared this before, but around 2002 or 2003 there was an
" article in BusinessWeek magazine about outsourcing and offshoring
" technical work.  As should be no surprise, it was really pushing the
" idea.  The author talked about, and this is a direct quote,
" "mind-numbing digital toil" and how it should be the domain of legions
" of minions in other countries.
"
"   That explains pretty clearly how these suits view our lines of work.

well, it numbs *their* minds...