[rescue] [geeks] Looking for a sysadmin gig in Houston/remote

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Dec 3 15:08:40 CST 2015

On 12/03/2015 02:18 AM, microcode at zoho.com wrote:
> That's the Harvard MBA for you. Everything is just labor and it can all be
> managed the same way. And it works fine in practice. The CEOs run one
> company into the ground after the next and keep getting jobs. Look how much
> money we saved.

  I'm sure I've shared this before, but around 2002 or 2003 there was an
article in BusinessWeek magazine about outsourcing and offshoring
technical work.  As should be no surprise, it was really pushing the
idea.  The author talked about, and this is a direct quote,
"mind-numbing digital toil" and how it should be the domain of legions
of minions in other countries.

  That explains pretty clearly how these suits view our lines of work.

              -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA