[rescue] [geeks] Looking for a sysadmin gig in Houston/remote

Jerry Kemp sun.mail.list47 at oryx.us
Wed Dec 2 22:30:39 CST 2015

I have never seen an outsourcing that made any sense, from any level, aside from
maybe a senior TLA management type.

On many of the outsourcing activities that I have observed, I was a 3rd party
contractor, and was at the location long enough to see not only the outsourcing,
but the follow on in-sourcing a few years down the road.

Not that I'm being sympathetic to the parent company for their (outsourcing)
activities, as it hurts a lot of good people, but I have seen several times
where the parent company saw the error of their ways and fixed their error.

Jerry