[rescue] A Little More SS5 progress

William Barnett-Lewis wlewisiii at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 20:40:39 CDT 2014

Hooked up an old IBM 4gb 50 pin in an external box and got the SS5 to see
it.  Since OpenStep 4.2 can do 4 gb partitions, that disk will be used for
that with the internal for 4.1.4.

Paid attention to the diagnostics and learned that the video card is a CG3.
In theory it can drive 1024x768 but my PC monitor doesn't like the @77 of
that. Definitely need a better video card. Hopefully I can find a S24 for
cheap.

Going to order a new NVRAM chip from digi-key tomorrow after visiting the
bank.

I hopefully have more RAM coming :)

The 4.1.4 installer just did it's thing on the 1 gb drive that was in the
machine but left usr a bit small. I'll have to redo it and shrink home a
bit for more room there. Gotta make enough space for Emacs and the like :D

Thanks for listening,

William
--
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.