[rescue] SS5/Netra Progress of sorts...

William Barnett-Lewis wlewisiii at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 10:38:01 CDT 2014

No, the OpenStep for Mach 4.2 User disk is bootable on the subset of
Sun M that will run NS/OS. They dropped HPPA by then but Sun hadn't
gotten all excited by Java yet so OpenStep was it's magic bullet.

on Fri Sep 12 04:46:26 CDT 2014, Andrew Weiss wrote:
>Isn't NEXTSTEP 3.3 the last version supporting Sparc?  Or was that 4.0?  The
>4.2 I had was Mach 68k or Intel only

Compared to more modern OS's 4.1.4 or OpenStep are lean, mean & fast :D

I'm puttering with an install of 4.1.4 right now (7,E,1 Sun? Really?)
and then I should try to track down if anyone has that patch cluster
available since I know Oracle won't :eek:

William
--
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.