[rescue] Picked up an IBM / Tadpole RS6000/N40, xinit hangs system.

Ian Finder ian.finder at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 18:57:19 CDT 2014

Hmm. The xserver never starts despite the HFT hanging, so that's not
it. (ps -e on my remote console shows no X process).

The xinitrcs are all sane.

---

The output of xinit is simply "1356-824  xinit: Unable to start the X server"

There is no difference in the process list from before I run xinit and
after the hft terminal hangs.

Weird stuff.