[rescue] Picked up an IBM / Tadpole RS6000/N40, xinit hangs system.

Andy Wallis rawallis at panix.com
Sun Sep 7 16:44:57 CDT 2014

Try the following
cfgmgr to initialize the installed device drivers.
lsdev -C and see if the graphics card and lft/hft are Available. If it is
defined, the driver isn't loaded and just has an ODM entry(there be dragons).
Are you running AIX 4.2.1 with the special Tadpole drivers or is it 4.3? 4.3
dropped support for the Tadpole and you cannot run X due to that.
-Andy Wallis