[rescue] Solaris licensing

Rich Kulawiec rsk at gsp.org
Sat Sep 6 04:59:43 CDT 2014

On Thu, Sep 04, 2014 at 05:59:04PM -0400, der Mouse wrote:
> But is Larry making a sustainable profit on the remnants of Sun, or is
> he burning the capital (reputation and otherwise) Sun built up, driving
> the last fragments of Sun even further into the ground?

It's working here.  After being a Sun user/customer for 30-ish years,
and having accounted for something like 8 figures worth of Sun purchases
during my career, I'm done with them.  I'm also advising anyone/everyone
who will listen to make the same choice.

The last Solaris system in my operation will be unplugged around the
end of this month.  Done.  Finished.

---rsk