[rescue] free 3b2 on craigslist in DFW area

Ian Finder ian.finder at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 19:25:48 CDT 2014

<rant>

See, the problem with the craigslist free section is that these will
probably get picked up first by someone who has no idea what to do with
them but wants them simply because they're free.

I've tried to give away equipment on CL and I had a replies in minutes from
a few of these folks who presumably trawl through the free section all day.

They had no idea what any of it was, but tried to pick it up presumably
because it was free and looked slightly valuable.

In one case- c. 2003- it was some model of alpha workstation I since wish I
had kept.

Someone asked me if it would run AOL, and when I said no, they still wanted
it anyway. Ugh.

</rant>