[rescue] e3500 and more in Chicago area

Jawahar Panchal jpanchal at global-macro.org
Wed May 28 09:22:29 CDT 2014

Howdy!

I'm in the Chicago area - however, am in a condo - so I can't take the E3500s
off of your hands - the wife would kill me! :)

I do tinker with random Sun/Sgi gear - I would be happy to take some smaller
items that you want to save from the scrapyard. Also, I have a decent set of
random stuff - so if you're looking for something like a sparc laptop, I'd be
more than happy to give to a fellow hacker!

Cheers,
Jay

Sent from my iPad

> On May 25, 2014, at 10:47 PM, Dan Sikorski <me at dansikorski.com> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone, this weekend I finally cleared out my old house to may way
for
> renters and now that all of my crap is in one place, its very clear that I
> need to get rid of some stuff.
>
> I picked up a total of three e3xxx chassis and two a5xxxx arrays from a
> customer I was working with a few years ago.  One e3k/a5k combo went to a
> friend of mine and I kept the rest.  I combined parts to make one 8 cpu
e3500.
> I played around with it some, but i dont think I ever even got as far as
> installing a usable OS on it before i let it sit for a couple years.  Along
> with machines I also have some tape drives, manuals, a5k rack mount kit,
> cables, etc..  All of it is up for grabs, Id like to see this stuff go to
> good home.
>
> I also have a 4x pentium pro machine that was my home fileserver for
several
> years, but i stopped using several years ago. :)  It is is a desk side case
> that i kept in the bottom of my rack when i ran it.  It also has a Mylex
RAID