[rescue] interesting things to do with a modem

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Fri May 23 12:18:54 CDT 2014

On May 23, 2014, at 11:50 AM, Rick Hamell <hamellr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey John,
>
> The BBS Corner maintains a list of Dial-up BBS'es that are still active.
>
> http://www.telnetbbsguide.com/dialbbs/
>
> I was looking into this myself a few years ago after digging out my
Commodore 64 and finding my old 1200 baud modem before sense kicked in.

Its funny that i looked at that list, and thought oh, but none of these are
local calls, theyll all have long-distance charges.  I havent paid long
distance charges for a decade or so, but the thought of dialing a BBS is
associated with that.