[rescue] Sun 3/110 Netbooting...

Peter Stokes peter at ashlyn.co.uk
Fri May 16 11:08:15 CDT 2014

Hi Earl

> 1) Yes the tape images for Sun OS 3.X I was able to download (I've had them
> for a while, for both Sun 3 and Sun 2, along with some earlier Sun OS,
> And I also have some Sun OS 2.X images.

Any chance of a link to the 3.x images?

Boot: prompt -

I forget exactly the sequence, but if you can get the format program to load
from Boot: then you should be able to see if you can format & label the SCSISD
directly. You will have to put some dummy numbers into it as auto config was
not even dreamed of in those days, but it should give you a good idea if it is
likely to work. From memory again I found some versions of the format program
were more tolerant than others of embedded SCSI drives and some versions of
3.X scsi drivers. If you have it go for the most recent, again not 100% but
think 3.5.X was last?