[rescue] Sun 3/110 Netbooting...

r.stricklin bear at typewritten.org
Fri May 16 04:10:58 CDT 2014

On May 16, 2014, at 1:57 AM, David Brownlee wrote:

> It should be enough to netboot a NetBSD install which you can use to
> partition but write the SunOS miniroot to the disk, then reboot into that
> and take it from there.

that's a salient point, because sunos 3 doesn't have an online disk
partitioning tool. standalone only. (although I suppose it would perhaps work
to download the standalone formatter by tftp. pretty sure the standalone diags
can be done this way, and there's no reason at least in theory why they should
be any different from the formatter)

ok
bear.

--