[rescue] TME and Apple II and other Drive emulator questions.

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Mon May 12 15:36:34 CDT 2014

> On May 12, 2014, at 10:24 AM, Earl Baugh <earl at baugh.org> wrote:
>
> RE: Apple II
>
> Lionel, after finding all of that other stuff you're still discovering gems
> like an Apple II.   How big IS this basement? :-)
> And how much is still left to be "mined" :-)

It us unspeakably large. Years ago my wife gave up on going into the basement
and I took it as if it were a 'bag of holding' (from D&D)... It could be over
1,000 square feet, but it's not all computer equipment, it also holds holiday
decorations, cast off furniture, etc.

I have metro shelving units filled with unopened boxes from a previous move,
and LOTS of empty computer boxes and a near infinite number of small Amazon
boxes that I held on to 'just in case'...

Step 1 was admitting the scale of my problem,

Step 2 was to start giving away interesting computers to others,

Step 3 will be to weed out the empty boxes,

Step 4 will be to start consolidating sealed boxes,

Step 5 will be to donate old furniture to local charities,

Step 6 is move to Texas.

I'm between Step 2 and Step 3 at present.