[rescue] The Machine Emulator (TME) on a Mac?

David Brownlee abs at absd.org
Mon May 12 14:28:38 CDT 2014

On 05/07/2014 12:03 PM, Andrew Jones wrote:
> On 05/07/2014 12:03 PM, Earl Baugh wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone gotten TME working on a Mac?   I'm trying to netboot my Sun
> > 3/110 so I can try to install OS on a SCSI2SD card attached to it.
> >  From what I've read, this seems to be the most straightforward process...
> > run a Sun 2/110 on TME and then install from that.
> > I'm trying to get the process sorted out and step one is get TME built on a
> > machine that I can use for this.  I'm working on a Mac.
> >  From the web site, it's not clear at all what platforms it runs on... it
> > seems fairly UNIX-like focused.   But so far, no joy in getting to to
> > compile on my Mac..
>
> Why not boot NetBSD on the mac?

Was that "Why not use the mac to netboot NetBSD/sun3 onto the 3/110 to
provide a OS environment on the sun3 to work from", or "why not boot
NetBSD/amd64 on the mac (or in virtual box on the mac) to provide an
easy environment to run a pre-built tme binary"?

Alternatively someone with a running sun3 box should be able to run
off a small disk image you could dd directly onto your SD card to give
an easy bootstrap

Interestingly the NetBSD/sun3 install ISO images should be directly
bootable on a sun3

Just sayin... :)