[rescue] CL Freebies today

Steve Hatle shatle at nfldinet.com
Wed May 7 13:18:06 CDT 2014

Checking Craigslist this morning during a meeting (thank $deity for
iPads) and saw an ad for "free computers for collectors". Went out at
lunch and grabbed the following: 1. Zenith Z-100 and RGB monitor (cable
needed). Dual 5 1/4" floppies. Z-DOS and Z-BASIC. Composite and RGB
video. Extensive documentation. Fully functional. 2. IBM PC and
green/amber monitor. Boots to PC BASIC (floppy drive gives 601 error on
boot-up). 3. Macintosh IIsi and Power Macintosh 6100/60. IIsi boots
successfully to Mac OS. Disk sets for OS 7.1, 7.5 and 8. These Zeniths
were what my college had around campus (back in the age of dinosaurs) and
you could also buy them from the "computer store". You had the option of
fully assembled or kit form. Run CP/M or DOS! I've wanted an early IBM
PC; this fits the bill. The Macs were just a bonus this time :)