[rescue] Wanted: NeXT non-adb soundbox

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Fri May 2 12:08:03 CDT 2014

>> I'm certainly not afraid to chop a NeXT cable in two and solder
>> stuff onto the wire ends, so if that's good enough to bring things
>> out to the world I'll probably have no need for the N4004.
> The pinouts are here.
> https://www.netbsd.org/ports/next68k/faq.html#connections

Okay, now I'm curious.  According to that (well, the http: version of
it, but I doubt NetBSD serves different content on that basis), the
Dx-19 has

GND (seven pins)
+12V (two pins)
-12V (two pins)
MON CLK
MON DATA OUT
MON DATA IN
MON PWR SWITCH
VSYNC
HSYNC
VIDEO

and one NC pin.  Yet the N4004 quite clearly has a speaker and what I
suspect is a mic and definitely has audio out connectors.  Where/how is
audio carried between the computer and the soundbox?  I am inclined to
think there is an assumption I'm making which is false, but I'm
wondering if someone can point out what it is.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org