[rescue] A long shot: looking for a NeXT Cube

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri Mar 28 13:16:49 CDT 2014

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 02:27:58AM -0400, Andrew Jones wrote:
>On closer inspection, I feel slightly less uncharitable.  Some of the
>early NeXT stuff was sold without an HDD on purpose, with the conceit
>that users would boot off their own MO media when they sat down at
>the workstation.

We (work) bought a bunch of used Turbo Color Slabs in '97-98, here
I am in front of mine:

http://www.mrbill.net/archive/personalpics/mrbill1.jpg

They all came with government (NSA? CIA?  don't remember) property
stickers and the HDs had been pulled and destroyed before sale.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas USA