[rescue] *FREE* TK-50 cartridges

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 16:30:30 CDT 2014

Not a single bid at one penny for 7 of 'em on eBay, so does anyone
want to save a
few of these from the bin? I have a box of about 25 TK-50s here,
mostly 3M brand ones. No idea of working condition.

Happy to send anywhere in the world for the cost of postage. I have
hundreds of jiffy bags (padded envelopes) so not even asking for a
donation for packaging - just post at cost.

Also on offer for nothing - please save them from being thrown away!

Description from the old ended listing:

Set of 4 vintage 9-track tapes, believed to be from DEC VAX systems

There are four of these. Three are labelled "1600bpi" so I am guessing
that is probably the format of all of them.

Two have labels indicating that these are original software
distribution media from Texas Instruments. Label text included below.
One is unlabelled and one has a hand-written Software Intelligencer
label.

I cannot guarantee that hese media are good and working. I don't have
a 9-track drive and never have had - these were left to me by a sadly
now-dead friend so I can't ask her, either.

They have been stored in a cool dry place.

All are in protective covers; one is in a canister as well.

2 have typed labels:

TEXAS INSTRUMENTS INC
TMS32010 VAX CROSSWARE PACKAGE REL 2.3
1600BPI, FORMAT = VAX/VMS 3.0; BACKUP
LABEL = ASM3, SAVESET=ASM3.BCK, LINKER.BCK

Copyright 1983 TEXAS INSTRUMENTS LTD

&

TEXAS INSTRUMENTS INC
TMS32010 SIMULATOR REL 1.6
1600BPI, FORMAT = VAX/VMS 3.0 BACKUP
LABEL = SIM4320 SAVESET=SIM320.BCK
TMDS32402110-08 03/13/86

Copyright 1983 TEXAS INSTRUMENTS LTD

The handwritten one says, on a printed SOFTWARE INTELLIGENCE label:

[illegible, possibly 3011 or 5011]
1600bpi
RABBIT-4 V1-0
BACKUPSAVESETS: SELECT.BCK
R4.BCK

Happy to send via surface post to keep costs down - it's generally
about 2/3 the price of airmail.

They're in London, UK and you can of course collect for free.

--
Liam Proven * Profile: http://lproven.livejournal.com/profile
Email: lproven at cix.co.uk * GMail/G+/Twitter/Flickr/Facebook: lproven