[rescue] Need to re-home my Sun E10K

Tonu Samuel tonu at jes.ee
Sat Mar 22 00:45:29 CDT 2014

On 03/22/2014 06:11 AM, Jonathan Katz wrote:
> I believe it won't power on unless it has 4 feeds hooked up, though. It
> sucks more power with 4 feeds because it senses its power isn't redundant.
> Because of that the fans run at 2x speed.

I have multiple E10K-s at home. It runs at 2kW minimum,  ~13kW max

Fans alone take up to 2,5kW but just remove them from boards you do not
use at moment.

E10K is power hungry at quite useless machine to run at full power 24x7.
Most of experimenting and playing
can be done with one-two boards running. Sure it is just cool to run it
at full power once and get THE BILL
after. But next month you run it with 1..2 boards.

   Tunu