[rescue] [geeks] Last Call - Ultra 5/10 parts

Michael-John Turner mj at mjturner.net
Wed Mar 12 05:25:24 CDT 2014

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 10:54:59PM -0400, Andrew Jones wrote:
> In the SBus systems, particularly the pizzabox workstations, Sun managed to
> hit both notes on a regular basis.

Couldn't agree more. I'll always have a soft spot for the SS20, the first
Sun system I ever used, c. 1996. It was running Solaris 2.5.1 and hooked up
to a "massive" 20-odd GiB storage array.

I still have one that I want to max out and run OpenStep on (I just need to
find a $%#^ VSIMM). I have a pair of SM81s for it but they run awfully
hot...

Cheers, MJ
--
Michael-John Turner * mj at mjturner.net * http://mjturner.net/