[rescue] [geeks] Last Call - Ultra 5/10 parts

microcode at zoho.com microcode at zoho.com
Tue Mar 11 13:36:32 CDT 2014

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 02:20:17PM -0400, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> So if windows were better engineered virus writers would write-off 90%+ of
> desktop systems?

If Windows were properly engineered there would be nothing for virus writers
to do. Windows is a disgrace, and not because it's closed source.

> Your conspiracy theory regarding virus protection driving virus creation is
> interesting, but seems a little 'tin foil hat' to me...

No, I'm saying there's an awful lot of incentive for people to be
incompetent when they make magnitudes more money from being incompetent than
being competent. To understand why businesses and executives do what they
do, all you usually have to do is follow the money.