[rescue] [geeks] Last Call - Ultra 5/10 parts

Andrew Jones andrew at jones.ec
Mon Mar 10 22:05:30 CDT 2014

On 03/10/2014 11:01 PM, Toby Thain wrote:

> It's people like you who are the soul of the list :D

The list was built on the "rescue" conceit.  The idea that we could take
dumpstered systems and make them useful again is pretty empty in 2014.

The Oracle deal has killed patch availability, killed opensolaris, and
slowly strangled the hobbyist scene.

At this point we are all historians.  There's no "rescue" for SPARCs,
only roles in zoo exhibits.

That's OK with me, I guess.  I'm glad we persist.