[rescue] A fast *and* quiet SPARC system?

hike mh1272 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 10:42:01 CST 2014

Sun makes/made a quiet workstation or server?  I never knew.  I do know
that some are noisier than others.

I must admit that I have profound hearing lost.  Even before this loss, I
took to wearing hearing protection around workstations and servers.  The
foam insert style of hearing protectors arenbt enough because they offer no
protection for the bone that is part of the hearing apparatus.  The ear
muff style is best.  (The best ear muffs are usually the ones for
shootingbeasy to fine, higher ratings, and less expensive.)  I use Mac
laptops mostly because they are the quieter.  YMMV.

I keep earmuffs near my workstations and servers.  I used them
breligiouslyb.  I recommend this practice to everyone.  I see a lot of
people regularly/breligiously abusing their hearing all the time.  Someone
told me that bblindness cuts off one from things but deafness cuts off one
from people.b  I have found that to be true.
Even with inserts and ear muffs, I lost my hearing.  Some people just have
a propensity to hearing loss and deafness.