[rescue] WTB: Amiga 3000 or parts

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Fri Mar 7 05:08:23 CST 2014

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 04:02:29PM -0800, Ian Finder wrote:
> I know this may be a long shot, but my Amiga 3000 has failed beyond my
> diagnostic abilities.
> I'd like to buy either:
>   1) Full A3000D or 4000D as a replacement
>   2) Amiga 3000 motherboard

A3000s are *extremely* rare, and I just watched one go for over #500. I had
been vaguely watching this A4000 on eBay as I probably have enough spare parts
to get it running, but the current price for a dead unit (plus the cost and
inconvenience of going to Coventry in person) now seems a bit much:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261410906127

> As far as I know, I should have major components like custom ICs, so even a
> failed A3K would be useful.

I have an A4000/040 plus another unit that's been part-stripped -- the A3640
CPU board is still present if you're after one of those -- but it's been rather
a while since I did anything with them and I have no idea if there's a working
machine between them.

You will probably find it much easier to obtain an A1200 with 68030 and/or SCSI
controller, as many more of those were sold than A3000s.