[rescue] OK seeing about Tadpole systems in the list

Andrew Jones andrew at jones.ec
Tue Mar 4 13:13:24 CST 2014

On 03/04/2014 01:32 PM, Arianna Otaku wrote:
> Got me parousing eBay.  Well I came across this user "portableunix" that
> evidently is a scam or thinks they have gold, look at their prices:
>

> http://r.ebay.com/8OGYru
> http://r.ebay.com/Svb6XJ

Wow.  Reading the text description is worth it.

"We have over 500 new and legacy Tadpole, RDI, General Dynamics, SAIC,
NatureTech and other UNIX systems in stock at any given time.  I also
offer repairs, extended warranties, parts, etc.  However, just to be
upfront and save us all some time, none of this is cheap.  Repairs start
at $500 including battery rebuilds.  Extended warranties start at
$1,500/year per system."

This guy must have a handful of legacy customers and is hoping to extend
his reach with Ebay.

(If I were him, I would start the minimum bid lower and try and use Ebay
for lead generation for support contracts... can you still see bidders
name/email?)