[rescue] Laserjet 4 Plus

Jonathan Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sat Mar 1 22:40:10 CST 2014

On Sat, 1 Mar 2014, Erie Patsellis wrote:

> Any suggestions on a PS emulator that prints decent halftone screens? My
> 5si only task is printing artwork for offset printing. Must be able to
> print oversize 11x17.

Will the 5si PostScript SIMM not do the job for you?  It probably doesn't
do PostScript level 3, but it has Adobe code on it (unlike the HP code of
the Color LaserJet and newer), so it might not be completely crap.

      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=231152351604

You'll want to find some memory to take it beyond the factory-default of
4MB, too.  Then you're most of the way towards having a 5si MX.

--
Jonathan Patschke
Elgin, TX