[rescue] Laserjet 4 Plus

Steve Sandau ssandau at gwi.net
Sat Mar 1 19:17:56 CST 2014

On 03/01/2014 05:31 PM, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> On 03/01/14 17:23, Carl R. Friend wrote:
>>      I'm fed up enough with fscking ink-jets that I'm ready to start
>> calling for a legal ban on the dratted things.  They're likely the
>> most expensive method of printing possible (which is why the folks
>> who manufacture them -- and the "consumables" -- love them so much).
>
> I could get behind that.  I hate the damned things.  The only thing they
> have going for them is that they don't draw much power.

I finally got tired of crappy inkjets and old lasers. A couple of years
ago I paid $150 or so for a Brother laserjet and have never regretted
it. It works great with Linux, as well as the Windoze boxes in the house.

I've done roller kits on LJIIs and LJIIs and those things will probably
last forever, but once in a while the new version is just easier...

Steve