[rescue] Laserjet 4 Plus

Steven M Jones smj+rescue at crash.com
Sat Mar 1 18:23:18 CST 2014

On 03/01/2014 02:23 PM, Carl R. Friend wrote:

> Does anybody have any decent pointers on
> where one can acquire new paper-transfer/motion rollers for a LaserJet
> II?  I've got one that I'd really like to recommission but the thing
> frequently (usually, actually) refuses to pick paper from the tray and
> feed it properly.

If memory serves I've ordered roller kits and other maintenance bits
from The Printer Works (http://www.printerworks.com) to meet this need
for my LaserJet 4+ years back, thus keeping our subject line topical...  ;^)

They don't list a roller kit for the LJ II, but there is a $99
maintenance kit for the SX printer engine that included the whole
"Pick-Up Roller Assembly." In your place I'd call them to see what they
can do for just the part needed.

I also recall there are some rubber renewal products out there that
might be used to revive the grip of old rollers, but I don't have a name
or link handy.

Good luck,
--S.