[rescue] Sun Systems need to go away

Barry Callahan barryc at rjlsystems.com
Thu Feb 27 10:20:52 CST 2014

I've had a few people respond with questions, so I'm going to answer
them all at once. I'm BCC'ing those people who have emailed to ensure
that they see this sooner, rather than later, and it doesn't get lost in
a digest.
-----------
* The Ultra 1s and Ultra 2s all have Creator 3D graphics cards
installed.  Regardless of CPU frequency, they all have cooling fans.

* Unless you specifically ask for them, assume the systems DO NOT come
with keyboard/mouse or a hard drive.

* A CDROM drive that was good when the system was taken out of service
IS installed (if applicable).

* The NVRAM battery was good when the system was pulled from service. I
make no guarantee as to whether that's still the case or not.

* Yes, I'm in the USA. Metro Detroit Area, to be specific. 48035 is the
zipcode of my office. No, I'm not prepared to drive long distances to
bring stuff to you. I also don't particularly want to screw around with
shipping.

HOWEVER, that last bit being said, I can suggest a compromise
arrangement. If you want something shipped to you, I am willing to drive
it to a UPS store, and have them quote packing it up and shipping it.

So you can judge what shipping costs are going to be:
The Sun 3/50 is 30 lbs.
An Ultra1 is 22 lbs.
An Ultra3 is 33 lbs.

Add  probably a couple pound or two for the weight of the box and bubble
wrap / peanuts.
If you want a keyboard, that will add weight and probably mean a bigger
box is needed.

You can get rate quotes from http://ups.com
I don't know if you can get a packing quote from the website or not, but
there's probably a UPS store nearby if you want a general idea before
speaking up.

#* Barry Callahan
#* Technologist
#* RJL Systems