[rescue] Help needed with Sun V65x

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 09:56:59 CST 2014

Fair enough.

Just because two manufacturers cut costs to make something 'affordable'
doesn't really make them comparable.

Mercedes has a new CLA class car that they view as a low-cost, entry-level
vehicle at $30K. It wouldn't 't be fair to compare that to a low-cost,
entry-level Kia at half the price, would it?

I see your point, do you see mine?

Lionel

> On Feb 19, 2014, at 10:38 AM, Andrew Jones <andrew at jones.ec> wrote:
>
>> On 02/18/2014 09:48 PM, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>> Early Celerons were. (As I understand it) functionSl, but not
full-featured
>> Pentiums, so yes.
>>
>> The cache was a fraction of a 'regular' CPU, as I recall.
>>
>> Later Celerons were much better, some are now fairly reasonable
desktop/laptop
>> CPUs where power/battery life are a big concern.
>
> I very deliberately chose the Celeron for comparison.  The USIIe was a
cost-controlled, cut-down version of a USII.