[rescue] Help needed with Sun V65x

Peter Stokes peter at ashlyn.co.uk
Tue Feb 18 09:30:41 CST 2014

Hi

All the X series, ie x86 kit have a normal BIOS as in normal PC server. You
also normally get a console LOM port which is useful for remote work and
debugging. Note V6Xx does not have LOM port, later systems do.

On the USB, the Sun Spec does not say in the handbook, but I would take that
as USB 1 not 2 given its age (2003) and the fact that it was soon replaced,
this was Sun's first foray at x86 servers and was a third party box as was its
successor the V20Z and V40Z, however there are many more V20Z out there than
V6Xx from my experience.

Peter
Peter Stokes
Ashlyn Computer Services
Tel: 01636 627990
Mbl: 07977 532320

On 18 Feb 2014, at 14:29, microcode at zoho.com wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 04:21:22PM +0200, Andrew Gaylard wrote:
BIOS, no