[rescue] Recycled P4 machines - Re: Fixed LCD's?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 12:38:48 CST 2014

My new (to me) 'cluster in a box, which I'll only run as needed, not 24x7,
uses 125, 240, or about 350 watts, depending on how many blades I have
running. Each blade has 2x Opteron 2419 EE six-core CPU and 48 gigs of RAM...
The off-lease cloud boxes (like this) are designed to be power-efficient...

Lionel

> On Feb 14, 2014, at 12:31 PM, newell+rescue at n5tnl.com wrote:
>
> I generally estimate annual cost of 24x7 loads as $1/watt (8760 hours in a
year, so I'm assuming power is about $0.11/kw-hr). Stick a kill-a-watt on some
old computers and you might find new stuff looks attractive!