[rescue] Fixed LCD's?

Nick B nick at pelagiris.org
Thu Feb 13 15:19:55 CST 2014

First step - Spotting bad caps (first url I found, I don't' particularly
endorse them, but it seems to cover the basics)
http://www.badcaps.net/pages.php?vid=5
Second step - Learn to solder I'd recommend sparkfun.com or better a friend
who can solder
Third step - Learn to desolder, again I'd recommend sparkfun.com and a
number of things that were electronics that you no longer care about

Desoldering on a modern board kinda sucks and takes a fair bit of practice,
along with tools.  Don't use a radio shack iron if you can at all avoid it.
Nick