[rescue] SET at home servers

Phil Stracchino phils at caerllewys.net
Thu Dec 18 14:06:29 CST 2014

On 12/18/14 14:55, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> I can colo a 1U box (400 watts) with some seemingly reasonable amount of
> bandwidth for 7 cents/hr. ($50/mo) I don't think home electricity is any
> cheaper than that, is it?
>
> Answered my own question - the U.S. Average is about 12 cents/KWh (from
> 2011):
>
> http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2011/10/27/141766341/the-price-of-electricity-
> in-your-state

I've always wondered who gets the low rates that are pulling the
national average down to 12 cents/kWh.  That table says that New
Hampshire averages 16.5 cents; much to my surprise, that is actually
what my bill works out to if I calculate back to a total rate per kWh
myself.  It seems it wasn't that long ago we were paying nearly 25 cents.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications
  phils at caerllewys.net