[rescue] Sparc Server 1000E - looking for Supersparc module

Peter Stokes peter at ashlyn.co.uk
Tue Dec 16 02:45:43 CST 2014

On 16 Dec 2014, at 08:03, supervinx <supervinx at libero.it> wrote:

> Il giorno mar, 16/12/2014 alle 07.59 +0000, Peter Stokes ha scritto:
>> Hi Vincenzo
>>
>> I assume you are after the 85Mhz CPUs?
>>
>> They will not be so common to find and probably expensive now as they are
>> worthwhile upgrade for SS10/20 especially as the 75Mhz are also quite rare
and
>> expensive.
>>
>> Peter
>> ---------------------------
>> Peter Stokes
>> Ashlyn Computer Services
>> Tel: 01636 627990
>> Mbl: 07977 532320
> No, they are 60MHz CPUs, so Solaris psrinfo says...

Ok, just shows how you forget. I guess the 1000 had the 40Mhz mainboard speed
as did the SS10 and the 1000E had the 50Mhz as per SS20. Looking through the
FE book, it looks like the 50, 60 and 85 were supported (only certain p/ns) on
the 1000E, though it does not differentiate between the 1000 and 1000E, so
should be usable on either.