[rescue] Sparc Server 1000E - looking for Supersparc module

Peter Stokes peter at ashlyn.co.uk
Tue Dec 16 01:59:03 CST 2014

Hi Vincenzo

I assume you are after the 85Mhz CPUs?

They will not be so common to find and probably expensive now as they are a
worthwhile upgrade for SS10/20 especially as the 75Mhz are also quite rare and
expensive.

Peter
---------------------------
Peter Stokes
Ashlyn Computer Services
Tel: 01636 627990
Mbl: 07977 532320
---------------------------

On 16 Dec 2014, at 07:46, supervinx <supervinx at libero.it> wrote:

> Il giorno mar, 16/12/2014 alle 07.05 +0100, Arno Kletzander ha scritto:
>> Vincenzo (aka Supervinx) <supervinx at libero.it> wrote:
>>> Damn...
>>> Filled all bank-0 and bank-1 of System Board.
>>> Restarted: two HDs dead, a Supersparc module fails its post.
>>> Now I'm running with 7 processore...
>>>
>>> Do you have a spare Supersparc cpu module?
>>>
>>> Thnks!
>>> --
>>> Vincenzo (aka Supervinx)
>>
>> Hi Supervinx,
>>
>> Have you already inspected the connectors/tried re-seating the problematic
module?
>> Tried moving it to another position to see whether the error moves with
it?

>> I've had more than one error (mainly on Enterprise gear however)
mysteriously disappear just for some "jaggling and juggling".
>> If necessary, you might try to clean the (plug) contacts with some IPA or
contact cleaner and a just-stiff-enough brush.

>> I do also own a SS1000 with 2 System boards, one CPU each, and the
corresponding SPARCstorage Array but did not have any problems with it yet.