[rescue] Sparc Server 1000E - looking for Supersparc module

Arno Kletzander Arno_1983 at gmx.de
Tue Dec 16 00:05:03 CST 2014

 Vincenzo (aka Supervinx) <supervinx at libero.it> wrote:
> Damn...
> Filled all bank-0 and bank-1 of System Board.
> Restarted: two HDs dead, a Supersparc module fails its post.
> Now I'm running with 7 processore...
>
> Do you have a spare Supersparc cpu module?
>
> Thnks!
> --
> Vincenzo (aka Supervinx)

Hi Supervinx,

Have you already inspected the connectors/tried re-seating the problematic module?
Tried moving it to another position to see whether the error moves with it?

I've had more than one error (mainly on Enterprise gear however) mysteriously disappear just for some "jaggling and juggling".
If necessary, you might try to clean the (plug) contacts with some IPA or contact cleaner and a just-stiff-enough brush.

I do also own a SS1000 with 2 System boards, one CPU each, and the corresponding SPARCstorage Array but did not have any problems with it yet.

Fingers crossed,

Arno