[rescue] PCMCIA and sbus

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Tue Dec 9 01:08:21 CST 2014

On Mon, Dec 08, 2014 at 09:37:08PM -0500, Andrew Jones wrote:
> On 12/08/2014 07:45 PM, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> >There were Sun4U systems with USB as I recall, but they were post-U60 era
> >systems.
> >
> >My V240 and my SB2000 (and SB100?) have USB IIRC.
> >
> >Lionel
>
> Has anyone gotten USB keyboards/mice working on older PCI systems?
>
> I can put a USB card in a PCI Sun pretty easily, but lack of
> firmware support for USB HID makes it kinda pointless.

I believe a USB mouse just worked once X started, using a generic USB
mouse and a Solaris supported PCI card from the HAL.

I've never tried a USB keyboard, but I expect it would just work in X.
I also suspect it would work on the console in Solaris.  I don't
expect it to work on OBP on machines that didn't come with USB onboard
(so I would expect a USB keyboard on a U60 to work in X but not OBP).