[rescue] FTGH: UPA, SBUS, and, MBUS hardware

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Sun Dec 7 08:02:50 CST 2014

>> If any of these can do higher resolutions than 1152x900, I'd be most
>> interested in getting hold of them.  [...]
> The -2325 and -2922 can only do 1152x900 and 1024x768, but the 2253
> and 3rd party clones are more flexible.  I don't know how much
> framebuffer they have, though, so you might be limited to a
> single-buffered display.

I don't know how to make a cg6 do double-buffering anyway, except via
colourmap trickery.  (The biggest thing I dislike about it is the lack
of documentation.  There appears to be a full 3D transform engine in
there, but I have no clue how to make it do anything but orthographic
projection down the Z axis.  Now you indicate it can do
double-buffering too.  I do wish Sun's old hardware documentation
program had produced more results before it fell victim to the Oracle
takeover.)

> You're, of course, welcome to as many of these as I have.

Well, I don't want to be greedy.  If other people want some of them, I
see no reason to not spread them around, but I would cheerfully take as
many of the capable-of-larger-resolutions ones as you care to allocate
to me off your hands.  (I have no need for the ones that max out at
1152x900; I have more such than I'm ever likely to use already.)

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org