[rescue] Accidentally replying to the list instead of just to the sender -- WAS Re: Basement Cleaning

Barry Callahan barryc at rjlsystems.com
Sun Aug 31 11:46:23 CDT 2014

On 8/31/2014 11:09 AM, John Carr wrote:
> Oops! Sorry all - I didn't realize that was going to the list - way
> too wordy for everyone to read!

Yeah. I noticed that Thunderbird was showing me separate "Reply" and
"Reply to List" buttons, so I assumed that if I just hit "Reply" that it
would just send my reply to you instead of to everybody, too. But
mailman's configured to set the Reply-To header, making all replies go
to the list. Didn't think to look to confirm the address my reply was
going to before I hit send.

Oops. At least I don't feel so bad about doing it now. :-P