[rescue] Sun Netra i (rebadged SS5) Questions

r.stricklin bear at typewritten.org
Sat Aug 30 15:14:21 CDT 2014

On Aug 30, 2014, at 1:03 PM, William Barnett-Lewis wrote:

> I'm not getting anything on the DEC VRC16 I have handy - not sure about the
> compatability issues with this monitor and the Sun. A _long_ time ago it
> was what I used with a VLC/4000 and an SGI Indy.

The VLC and Indy both use composite sync on green. The Sun outputs straight
composite sync. So it's doubtful you'll get anywhere with this monitor.

Put a terminal on serial port A (9600,N,8,1) and hold down STOP-D while you
power on. This will put the SS5 into diagnostics mode and chug out a lot of
diagnostics messages on the serial port. You can get an idea of what state the
machine is in while you work out how to solve the cable problem.

ok
bear.

--
until further notice