[rescue] NeXTSTEP or OPENSTEP?

Bill Martin bill at bdoserr.com
Wed Aug 13 07:47:50 CDT 2014

This has been, without a doubt, the most intelligent, balanced, and
interesting flame war I can remember in 20+ years of Internet lurking.
But ironically there's one item that y'all agree on that I disagree
with, at least in part.  It's this statement:

"I can't say I disagree with this too much... Yeah, the built in apps
suck, but they've always sucked on Windows."

I think that the Win8 weather app is the best of any I've seen. Lots of
info, 3 different weather services' forecasts, and the least obtrusive
ads by far.  It almost makes the hassle of getting the tiles usefully
arranged (and the obnoxious tiles removed) worthwhile.  I have it on my
taskbar.

And the financial markets app (including its tile) is quite good.

Bill Martin