[rescue] Win 8 FUD - was Re: NeXTSTEP or OPENSTEP?

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 13:17:00 CDT 2014

On 11 August 2014 19:54, Laurence Brevard <brevard at 1or0.com> wrote:
> I have purposely left my Windows 8.1 systems without the crutch of the
> Start Menu and it's really no big deal.

Yes, that's what I did, to get some experience with it.

> I'm even getting somewhat used to
> a few of the "Modern" applications - including the Mail App.

Interesting! My first W8-using client, with a non-touchscreen cheap
notebook PC, used that app too. She said that she used the Start
Screen email app to quickly see if she had any emails, what they were
and maybe read them. If she needed to reply, she went to the desktop
and used the full Yahoo Mail website -- but for a quick check, it was
faster to use the Modern app.

--
Liam Proven b" Profile: http://lproven.livejournal.com/profile
Email: lproven at cix.co.uk b" GMail/G+/Twitter/Flickr/Facebook: lproven