[rescue] NeXTSTEP or OPENSTEP?

Raymond Wiker rwiker at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 12:05:12 CDT 2014

On 11 Aug 2014, at 16:02 , Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:

> Not at all. The desktop works as well or better than ever. I used it
> exclusively for months, exclusively with desktop apps -- I removed all
> the Modern ones except for trivial stuff like a weather-forecast,
> stuff I never interact with, just glance at.

You realise that this amounts to throwing away and replacing all the stuff
that people are actually complaining about?

There is a fair amount of work needed to turn Windows 8 on a desktop computer
into something that is actually useable: you have to both configure the
behaviour that you're used to, as well as hunt down and install "classic"
equivalents of the Metro apps.