[rescue] NeXTSTEP or OPENSTEP?

Michael-John Turner mj at mjturner.net
Wed Aug 6 04:34:17 CDT 2014

On Tue, Aug 05, 2014 at 06:28:59PM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> Well, I was given the chance to be some sort of advocate/cheerleader for OS/2
> Warp, they ant me CDs, stickers, a t-shirt, etc.

That brings back some memories - I remember joining Team OS/2 as a student
back in 1994/1995. Sadly I never got any freebies, possibly because there
wasn't a strong OS/2 presence in South Africa in those days. I do remember
bumping into Mark Shuttleworth at the OS/2 Warp launch though - I could be
wrong, but I think he may have gotten one of the free copies they gave away
on the day.

OS/2 2.1 was so much better than Windows 3.1 - I still have very fond
memories of using it on my "high-end" 486 DX2/66 with 340MB HD and 4MB RAM
back in 1993 <nostalgia/>.

Cheers, MJ
--
Michael-John Turner * mj at mjturner.net * http://mjturner.net/