[rescue] VT320's, glass TTYs in general - Re: hack42's collection [Was: Re: Tektronix 4002 terminal]

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 13:57:14 CDT 2014

Yes, the VT525 uses a VGA monitor and a PS/2 keyboard of either PC or
terminal-specific layout.

A nice feature of the VT525 base is that it can be hung off a standard PS/2
KVM.

The VT525 is still being produced and sold for $350, that puts a hard
upper-limit on value of a used device.

What I like about the VT525 is that as the monitor fades, replacements are
plentiful and very affordable... And as retro-computer users age, the ability
to run a real terminal on a bigger CRT becomes very attractive. (DEC never
made a 19" terminal AFAIK)

Lionel