[rescue] VCF East (and upcoming VCF SE!!)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 19:36:17 CDT 2014

I had a great time at VCF 9.1, and considering heading down to Atlanta for
their event.

What struck me was:

A) Seeing examples of most of the early computers I used to own (OSI
SuperBoard II, SYM 1, Dec Pro-350, and others...

B) There were a surprising number of PDP-8s there - I think I caught
something, I've been tinkering with the WinEight emulator for
sparetimegizmos.com, got it to run BASIC programs & working on getting my
hands on a replica (SB6120)...

C) The variety of stuff on consignment was anazing - reminded me of TCF of
old, writ small...

D) Saw a beautiful memeo-1 Apple 1 clone, had a nice time with the fellow that
researched/rebuilt the Apple 1... I spent some time with him on Sunday, we
started sinking with a TRS-80 he hoped to revive - I was happy to share my
knowledge of them with him.

As far as the consignment sale went, I brought 2 systems and left with
neither. The MacPlus with Hyperdrive went for $10 and the PiwerMac all-in-one
5400/180 was handed to an interested person as I carried it out the door when
it didn't sell (for $10)... It was in great cosmetic shape, and I couldn't
bring myself to scrap it.

And Earl, you asked for (and got) an Ultra 10 with all the trimmings... You
had no interest/space for any of my Ultra 1, 2, 5, or 60 systems in my car...

I 'd go back next year, but I won't be local...

Lionel